Residence entry permit
General department for General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs can give a foreigner permit to enter and reside in the country in one of these cases :
A) Join his father or the one who is responsible for him.
B) Study in one of the universities, colleges or academies
C) Join training courses in one of the public organizations
D) For the foreign lady that is divorced from a local man or is a widow of a local man and has one child or more from the local husband.
E) Children and parents of a local man that carry foreign passports.
F) Children and parents of a local woman that carry foreign passports.
G) For foreign wives of GCC nationals if they have valid residency in the husband's home country. This is implemented under the condition of dealing with the same rules from the other country to foreign wives of UAE men.
H) For the family of foreign women working in rare or important specialization like medicine, engineering or teaching when the required conditions of sponsoring are available.
All residence entry permit applications must be submitted to General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs department after preparing all data and required documents for each case, and the
following procedures must be done:
A) If the sponsored is wife to a local man they must provide an attested marriage contract approved from UAE consulate outside or from the embassy of the country marriage certificate issued from and must also be approved from the foreign ministry. In case of divorce or the husband's death the eldest son of the wife can sponsor her and if she doesn't have sons the eldest daughter sponsors her.
B) If the sponsored is local a man's parent or child who has foreign passport they must apply an attested support letter for parents or attested birth certificates for children.
C) If the sponsored is a local woman's husband or child who has foreign passport they must apply an attested marriage certificate or attested birth certificates for children.
D) If the sponsored is a wife for a foreigner following conditions must be available:
(1) Sponsor must have valid work residency.
(2) Sponsor must provide an attested marriage contract approved from his country and from UAE consulate outside or from the embassy of the country marriage certificate issued from and must also be approved from the foreign ministry.
(3) Sponsor's salary must be not less than 300 AED if this work gives him accommodation or 4000 AED if work doesn't give accommodation..
(4) Salary must be approved by formal letter from the concerned parties in the country.
(5) Same conditions are applied when a foreign woman works in one of the rare specialization sponsors her foreign family.
(6) The following categories are accepted from salary conditions and they can bring only their families under this exception:
· Drivers for schools, universities and collages buses.
E) If the sponsored is coming to join the father the sponsored must be unmarried daughter or a son under 18. There is an exception for students study in universities, colleges and high institutions in the country.
F) Residence entry permits for foreigners coming to join a university, college or institution from the educational body directly to the General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs department under the following conditions:
G) Residence entry permit to join training course in a public organization directly submitted to General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs department under the following conditions: